The use of automation in the manufacturing industry can support the continuous drive for greater throughput, surged productivity and reduced operating costs. Integrating automated processes into your operations empowers your business by allocating the know-how of your workers to more necessary tasks.
Pro-Cise, Inc. offers contract manufacturing to a variety of industries, focusing on continuous improvement through increased quality and decreased costs when possible. If you’re searching for a stronger strategy to be a competitive force in your trade, we can manufacture OEM components to help get you there.
Keep reading to learn more about manufacturing process automation and the benefits of automation in production.
What Is Manufacturing Process Automation?
Essentially, automating the manufacturing process is a strategy that involves having machines complete certain duties. An automated system can perform tasks, such as processing, handling, inventory management, assembling and inspection, without needing a worker to operate anything. It’s a form of technology that supports your production lines, marketing and inventory.
Other areas where you can see the benefits of manufacturing automation include:
- Customer service
- Sales and ordering
The global automation market is expected to be worth more than $130 billion by 2026. In today’s day and age, introducing automation into your workplace can keep you competitive in your industry, all while boosting productivity, efficiency and cost savings. There are numerous benefits of automating manufacturing specifically.
12 Benefits of Automating Your Manufacturing Process
In some cases, automation may replace human workers. However, that’s often an advantage for your business, as your employees will have more time to focus on more important, complicated responsibilities. When you automate mundane duties, your workers get a chance to complete more fulfilling work — and they don’t have to complete dangerous or hazardous tasks as they would’ve in the past.
That’s not the only advantage. Here are several other benefits of automation in manufacturing:
- Advance product accuracy: Because robots are consistent, you can better predict the timing and cost of each project, which also improves client relations.
- Boost production rates: An automated system can execute and streamline tasks more efficiently compared to manual labor and can operate 24/7 until maintenance is required, allowing you to outperform previous production levels.
- Decrease operating and labor costs: Investing in automated machines can replace manual operations and the labor costs that come with them through efficient systems that focus on delivering controlled and accurate movements.
- Enhance safety levels: Relying on automated machines to perform dangerous tasks or work in hazardous locations creates a safer work zone for employees, reducing workplace injuries.
- Achieve faster return on investment: Because of reduced lead times, lower operating costs and improved output, you receive a faster return on investment (ROI).
- Gain a competitive advantage: Compete with others in your industry while improving quality and decreasing costs and cycle times via flexible automation systems.
- Improve quality: Robotics can produce products with the same level of accuracy and quality each time with less variability, achieving better quality control.
- Increase versatility: It’s possible to reposition and reprogram automated machines to adapt to industry demands and your fluctuating needs.
- Lessen lead times: Automation lessens the time between each order and delivery to your customers through improved in-house processing control.
- Optimize floor space: Robots are compact machines you can mount on various surfaces and locations, especially in confined areas.
- Reduce environmental impact: By relying on a more streamlined process, reducing wasted material and occupying less space, manufacturing automation helps reduce your facility’s carbon footprint.
- Focus on worker expertise: With automated manufacturing equipment in place, you can allocate your workers to more high-level and strategic tasks that require their particular expertise.
The benefits of automation in production result in better-quality products, boosted productivity, higher sales and an improved bottom line. It can even drive greater precision, consistency and uptime. Now’s the time to take advantage of automated technology to gain a surplus of advantages, predictable timelines and detailed budgets.
How to Get Started With Automating Your Manufacturing Process
If your processes are stable, automation is a beneficial option. The first step is to map out and create a list of processes involved in your operations. Which tasks will benefit from automation? Which responsibilities work best when done by your workers?
Once you have a plan on how automation will most benefit certain processes, it’s important to relay the message to the right people. When you have everyone on board and each team understands the advantages of manufacturing automation, it ensures the long-term success of the project. Keep everyone informed and updated along the way, making sure you’re transparent about any significant changes to the standard process.
Other aspects to consider include:
- Delegating responsibilities
Create a thorough risk management assessment to ensure the success of your automation implementation. A solid plan will get you further than expecting a fast turnaround. The importance of automation in manufacturing comes with greater productivity, efficiency and quality — but not without the patience to get things off the ground and running.
Next, you need to trust the right supply chain if you want a beneficial automation process. Having a proper supply chain in place will deliver manufacturing stability in the long run and support your operations as you evolve. Invest in technologies that are proven to be successful. Once you find a trustworthy supplier, you can build a relationship and work with them to ensure what you’re automating fits with the requirements of your production line.
Manufacturers like you can begin taking the steps to automate your processes with the right supplier backing you up.
Contact Pro-Cise Today
Pro-Cise is a supplier you can trust to streamline each aspect of the manufacturing process, from cutting and welding to painting and finishing. Being about 95% on time for deliveries, we also offer competitive pricing, strong lead times, timely responses and strive to meet your expectations.
Building a relationship with a single-source manufacturer like Pro-Cise allows for better tracing, quality control, a single contact person and more. Request a quote online or contact a representative for more information regarding our services and capabilities in manufacturing automation.